The AT Teardrop is a combination of Classic design and capable engineering. Handcrafted from Baltic Birch and skinned in anodized aluminum, the AT Teardrop is eye catching and able. It features plenty of ground clearance to get you to your favorite remote camping spot, and loads of amenities when you get there. Enjoy camping in a hard sided trailer.
The Off Road TeardropHorizon features our 4th generation proprietary Trailing Arm Air Suspension, TAAS 4.0. Developed over 10 years and countless miles in various terrains, this suspension is adjustable for varying loads, supple and compliant over brutal washboard and technical terrain yet with excellent highway speed manners. The suspension soaks up the terrain and road so well you will hardly notice that you are towing a trailer. Adjusting the suspension for varying loads is easily accomplished with a small compressor, a manual bicycle pump or at a filling station.
The rear hatch lifts up giving access to a full kitchen, with room for a 2 burner stove, a 45 liter Engel fridge, and storage for all your cooking gear, crockery and cutlery.
The trailer body uses ribs for strength, a construction method used by boat builders, the interior is finished in Baltic birch, and the exterior skinned in anodized aluminum.
The interior cabin provides ample space for two to sleep, and is outfitted with shelves, drawers, and drink holders.
Optional lighting the cabin are high quality LED lights that can switch between white light and red light. Add a stereo system, DVD and you’ll never want to leave the cozy cabin.
The tongue of the trailer has a built in skid plate and the area is used to house optional water tank, fuel cans, and a nose box.
The optional 19 gallon water tank fitted into a sub-chassis skid plate is made from food grade plastic is BPA free. The tank is fitted with an automatic pressurized pump.
The optional nose box is located at the front of the tongue and is used to house deep cycle batteries, battery chargers, solar controllers, inverters, 12 volt outlets, or just extra storage.
Mount a roof rack on the top of the trailer and secure one of our Fiamma awnings to it along with your mountain bikes or add a roof top tent to sleep 2 more.
All AT trailers are customizable. We utilize a mix and match approach allowing the client to select which options are most practical additions to the base trailer. Our modular design concept allows for upgrades later as your needs dictate.
- Trailing Arm Air Suspension, TAAS 4.0
- Heavy duty laser cut chassis, powder coated plus corrosion protection
- 2” Receiver type tongue and 2” rear accessory/recovery receiver for accessories up to 150 lbs
- Beautiful Baltic birch interior and exterior anodized aluminum body
- Stainless steel hinges and latches throughout
- Interior drawers, shelves and cup holders
- Gas strut assisted rear hatch and leak free continuous hinges
- Double door seals
- Full size mattress
- D.O.T. compliant LED lighting and reflectors
- Standard textured black chassis and suspension
ALL MEASUREMENTS IN INCHES, ON 35″ TIRES
Overall Length (including Coupler 150″
Overall height 75″
Ground clearance 24″
Cabin width 54″
Mattress 53″ W x 77″ L
Tongue to spindle 107″
Weight, dry including: Tires, rims, coupler. 1283 lbs.
Weight, dry including: 45L fridge, awning, roof rack, battery, battery charger, stove, fuel cans and holders, coupler, kitchen, tires, rims. 1498 lbs.
Measurements are to be used as guidelines only.
- One of the most popular options on the Teardrop is the kitchen galley. It has a slide-out high output two burner propane stove with tidy drawers for organizing kitchen utensils. A 10 lb. propane cylinder and propane bracket can also be added. Used in conjunction with the optional Baltic Birch Shelf, the SAK creates a full kitchen on one side of the Chaser trailer.
- A 6′ x 6′ awning mounted on either or both sides. The awning is completely self-contained within an aluminum clamshell tube. The awning provides welcome shade in the desert and shelter from rain showers. An optional 4 wall enclosure for the awning to create a room off the side.
- An optional 2 way fridge can be installed inside the main cargo box, mounted on a locking plate to hold securely in place. Traveling with the fridge inside the main box protects it from the harsh off road environment outside. We have many models to choose from Engel and National Luna in sizes 35 liters to 52 liters.
- The mid-section of the tongue of the Teardrop trailer has a built in skid plate and is used to house the optional fuel cans, A/C, generators etc
- The space in front of the water tank can be fitted with two 5 gallon/20 liter fuel or water cans and holders.
- Side protection bars
- Electric brakes, while not required for a trailer in its class, are highly recommended
- A large nose box can be fitted at the front of the tongue and is typically used to house deep cycle batteries, battery chargers, solar controllers, inverters, 12 volt outlets, or just extra storage.
- A Multi-axis Max Coupler for articulated travel on & off pavement, D.O.T. & S.A.E. J684 tested
- On board water system with automatic pressurized pump and external shower. The BPA free water tank mounted in a sub-chassis skid plate.
- 12 volt power systems, 110/120 volt shore charging, solar charging
- Roof top tents of various sizes to sleep from 2 to 4 persons comfortably
- AT Roof Rack system. Compatible with accessories made by most major manufacturers. A required item if choosing to add a roof top tent or cargo basket.
- High efficiency forced air propane heater.
- Air conditioning system (requires special nose box and 2000 watt generator)
We understand that our clients may have specific equipment and performance requirements that may not be found on our standard options menu. If you do not find what you are looking for, simply ask. We provide complete design and multi-discipline fabrication services at our facility. Take a look at our galleries to see samples of our work.