Tacoma Habitat Shell
Continuing with its tradition of designing purposeful high quality equipment for overland travel, AT Overland Equipment unveils the all new Tacoma Habitat truck topper. The goal of the new camper design is to provide a lightweight yet robust camping platform for today’s’ fuel efficient trucks while still leaving room for the individual owners to customize it to their specific needs. The Habitat addresses the needs for a reliable opening mechanism, built in awning and high quality fabrics not currently offered in the market space.
Designed to fill the void between the traditional truck topper and the slide in camper, the Tacoma Habitat can be easily deployed by one person to reveal a cavernous and functional interior. The design allows for full stand up room in the bed of the truck under the protective canopy of the waterproof and breathable all season tent. The cantilever sleeping platform is stoutly supported by 6061 aluminum rods, features a comfortable dense foam mattress and supports 600 lbs.
The shell is made from lightweight aluminum composites and weighs in at a scant 340 lbs. Opening and closing of the top is facilitated by robust gas springs. The durable poly/cotton canvas Habitat tent is made exclusively for AT by Nemo Equipment. The 15 foot long tent will protect you from the elements while the Habitat’s self-supporting sleeping area for two will assure you a sound night’s sleep. Entering the Habitat through the tailgate reveals 7 feet of headroom while standing in the truck bed. The deployed platform doubles as a protective awning at the rear of the truck. Built in roof load bars on adjustable track allow you to carry your kayaks to your camp safely. Compact truck camping has just been elevated! Available for 5’ & 6’ bed Tacoma’s. Now available for 6′ bed 2nd Gen Tacoma (2005-2015) and 5′ bed 3rd Gen Tacoma (2016+) will. Built to order only, average lead time 6-8 weeks. Available directly from AT Overland Equipment and their Authorized dealer network.
Standard Features: (Base price $8600)
- Easy 1 minute deployment and stowage
- Sleeps 2 standard
- Built in mattress
- Clothing gear loft and 4 side pockets in tent
- Insulated sleeping platform and shell walls
- Built in awning by design covering entrance area
- All aluminum composite construction.
- Ruggedly designed for 4×4 travel
- Waterproof and Breathable tent. No rain fly required.
- Standard color: Clear coated aluminum frame with white painted side panels.
- Dimensions closed: 32.75” Tall with Roof Bars, 32.25” Tall with Track only, 60” Wide Roof Bars
- 64” Wide at base, 53” Wide at top
- 93.5” Long at top, 76.375” Long at base
- Dimensions open: 87” x 48” x 2” Hi-Density Foam Mattress with washable cover
- 92” Standing room at Rear, 81” Standing room at Front
- 186.5” Long
- Roof Overhang:
- 20″ on 6′ bed Tacoma, 32″ on 5′ bed Tacoma
- Materials specifications list: Insulated Aluminum composite panels, Nemo Equipment Habitat Tent: Waterproof & Breathable 275 G Poly/Cotton with No-see-um netting
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- .060” 5052 CNC formed Aluminum
- Base weight: 340 lbs
- Roof weight capacity: 350 lbs
- Cantilever Bed loading capacity: 600 lbs
Options: (Pricing subject to change)
- Cab Slider window $460
- Roof Rack (3 bars) on adjustable track $804
- Side slider windows $533
- Windoors (6′ bed only) $643
- Side hatch doors $250
- Rear Liftgate insert window $247
- Interior Lighting (2 leds: white, red or amber) $250
- Interior Lighting (single switched 9 led, white) $170
- 12 power system (1 x 12v power port, 1 x double USB, 2 x LED lights) $375
- Interior carpeting $542
- Habitat side awning $439
- Awning room enclosures (In development, pricing TBD)
- Interior cabinetry (In development, TBD)
- Drop in panels to sleep 3 or 4 persons $360-720
- Forced Air Heating $1693 (Can vary depending upon vehicle)
- Color match to vehicle $1300+ (Can vary depending upon color)